Thursday, April 16, 2009

Thursday

The Spicy Mango Chicken never paned out. After it marinated for 24 hours, Jahno had a meeting after work so I was waiting until he was on his way to start cooking. I wasn't sure if Madeleine was going to eat it so I gave her a PBJ. Jahno's meeting was over by where that build collapsed so he made it sound like it was going to take him forever to get home. Well, it did not take him forever. As soon as he got home I went to cook the chicken...apparently he was starving and afraid it was going to take a while so we went to Joe's Bar BQ. I was going to cook the chicken the next night...Wednesday, but I was a little nervous because I completely thawed the chicken in warm water and the chicken was warm when I stuck it back in the fridge. 24 hours I am sure it would have been ok but 48 I was worried about Salmanela. (However you spell it) So we had Quesadilla's last night. So the cooking has slowed down a little bit, but I made a menu and I am trying.
Aunt Sue Sue got Madeleine a really cute Patio Chair. It was a pain to put together and it was missing a piece but it wasn't vital and it was all worth it to see Madeleine in it. She has been sitting in it every chance she gets and we took it outside yesterday and she sat in it and refused to get out of it. The only way I got her out for a split second was putting her duck where she had to get out of the chair to get it but she hopped right back in right after I got the picture.


Then I was trying to get her inside but she wasn't having it. I told her I was going inside thinking she would follow...Nope, she told me "Bye" and waved. I went to stand by her and she told me to go inside. We had a talk about her being bossy and I tried to go inside thinking she would follow now...nope again she told me "Bye". So I went and sat on the stairs and left the door cracked. She just watched me as she sat in her chair. Little Turkey! We finally made her come in and she threw a fit but came and sat in her chair inside.

No comments: