Monday, April 20, 2009

She DOES Listening

Madeleine has been repeating everything we say but I was wondering how much really was sticking. We Sunday morning I was getting Madeleine ready for church and I buttoned her last button and said lets put your shoes on. Before I could even grab her shoes she said, "I'm Cute!" I kinda giggled and said "Yes, you are cute." Then as we were driving by my parents neighborhood and Madeleine was asking for Kimmie. We tried to explain she was at church and we were going to meet her there. How did she know that was Kimmie's neighborhood? Sunday night Madeleine and I did a little shopping before we headed to church. When we got to church she asked for her purse. I gave it to her and we began to walk in she stopped in the parking lot and said, "Wait, cellphone!" She got her cellphone out of her purse, opened it up and was pushing buttons as we walked in. I have no idea where she would have seen or learned that. Madeleine also made new friends, the people who sat behind us too her and she said with them for a while, she came back to us but towards the end of church went right back to them. The daughter is home schooled and can babysit during the day so I am very excited!
Jahno has another flat tire so I am going to have to spend another lovely day at Discount Tire...I am sure he picked up a nail driving through the high water. There was one part where he was driving through puddles in a construction area and he also drove over a board. I am going to start making him go to discount tire if he can't be careful. ;-)

No comments: