Saturday, April 4, 2009

The Beach Trip

Well, I got Maddie up from her nap and she was still really sleepy and a little fussy. I was telling her we were going to the beach and we were going to have lots of fun but that wasn't helping. I got everything together and we walked outside and she just perked up, she was so cute with her glasses and hat. Before we left I told her she could take one toy with her. I had already packed a pail, shovel and a ball. Well she went and got Curious George, ok we will just leave him in the car at the beach. When I got in the car I realized I was really hungry so we stopped at Taco Bell for a snack, I got her Cinnamon Twists. She licked the good stuff off and left the rest. I did not know this until I went to eat one...ewwww. We got the the beach parked and got out. We walked down and she wasn't too sure of the sand. I put down the towel and pulled her shoes off but she wouldn't put her toes in the sand. We shoveled sand into the pail and she was bothered when sand got on the towel. It was a little chilly but it was her first trip so I wanted her to feel the water. It took a lot for me to get her off the towel but I final got her to walk to the water. The water hit her toes and she backed up. I scooted away to try to get a picture and a big wave came and got her pants wet and she started sinking...she hated the mud and tried to get it off her feet. We walked back up and she got on the towel and would not get off. We had fun and hopefully next time it will be warmer and we can really get in the water. (For some reason the pictures where put in reverse order, the trip starts at the bottom.)








No comments: