Thursday, April 2, 2009

Thursday Dinner

Tonight was Lemon-Pepper Red Snapper (Tilapia) and New Potatoes. We chose Tilapia because the only Red Snapper was a whole fish and I am just starting the cooking and not ready to skin and bone a fish...are those the terms? Anyways. I prepared the New Potatoes and put them in the over and start on the fish. I sprinkled the Lemon-Pepper on both sides and put it on the skillet. I cooked it a little longer than they said because I am always worried about under cooking meat. I put the 2 pieces on a plate and in the microwave and put the other 2 pieces in the skillet. When I went to pull the last pieces out of the skillet I pretty much dilapidated them. We sat down for dinner and the potatoes were great! We tried the fish and it was...well...overly seasoned! I used the right amount but the flavor was just too strong and the flavor had gone all the way through so we couldn't just scrape it off. I got a little sick because I got so hot in the kitchen so I just sat and drank some water. Finally Jahno said "Why don't I save the potatoes for tomorrow and we can go grab something?" So we had Whataburger for Dinner but here are some pictures of dinner.
The Potatoes.

The Dilapidated Tilapia.


Also due to the weather Strawberry Picking was cancelled again. So we are going to try for next Tuesday.

No comments: