Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Losing the Baba...

I got back Monday and decided to let Maddie have one more day with the Baba (pacifier)since her grove was thrown off with me being gone. Tuesday when we got up I told her we were giving the Baba's to the baby's today and that was it. Nap time came and she sorta cried and I thought maybe I should try to comfort her a little so I went upstairs...Bad idea. She wanted to come downstairs. I rocked her and went to put her back in her bed to pat her back but she just wanted to go downstairs. So I left the room and she screamed and screamed and screamed...for close to 45 mins and then was out. Bedtime she went right down without a peep...for only 5 mins. She cried for about 10 and was out. She didn't cry for her Baba she cried for Mommy's Bed! Thanks Kimmie and Nana! Today a nap again she screamed for about 30 mins but not for the Baba...for Mommy's bed. Then tonight we talked and talked and talked about how she had to sleep in Maddie's Bed not Mommy's Bed. I put her in bed and she cried for Mommy's bed for about 15 mins. She has not asked for the Baba at all...this is going a lot easier than I expected.Once she is asleep she is out and she slept the whole night last night which she hasn't done in weeks. Hope this continues!
We are also making pretty good progress with the potty training. She has been going both 1 and 2 in the potty. The problem is she still wakes up wet and sometimes she tells us after she goes but she is learning. Not to mention I have read that it can take up to 8 months to be fully potty trained! We are focusing on the Baba and just taking everything else day by day.

No comments: