Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Dinner Disaster

So, I haven't really been trying new recipes just old ones that I know work. Tonight I found a Speedy Enchilada Dish. Very easy, just sauce, diced tomatoes, diced onions, diced cilantro, cheese and shredded CORN tortilla all tossed together. Well, I am not always the biggest fan of CORN tortillas and I was planning on using my flour tortillas for burritos but I had tortillas so I didn't think anything of it. I got everything together, cooked it and it looked and smelled amazing! I dished it out and took a bite and...it was soggy...it needed CORN tortillas not flour. (See why I am CAP-ing CORN) Not only was it soggy there was a sweet taste to it...Cinnamon! Where did cinnamon come from?!?! My Cinnamon Raisin Bagels were on top of my tortillas. Apparently 2 bags cannot contain the cinnamon. So moral of the story, You must use CORN tortillas and don't let your bagels near anything that you don't want to taste like cinnamon! Recipe has great potential and I will use it again...with CORN tortillas!!!
Madeleine and I are getting ready to go to my cousin's baseball game. Maddie is really is getting into the sport...well at least she is excited when we say baseball game and she keeps asking for baseball game!

No comments: