Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Tuesday the 31st

Well, attempt 2 not so successful. Jahno asked for Korean Style Pork tonight. So I looked at the ingredients and the prep and cook time. 10 mins prep and 20 mins cook so I expected it to take about an hour. I minced the garlic and the jalapeno and was reading ahead only to find out that the pork needed to marinate for 2 to 24 hours. So I finished getting all the marinate together and added the pork and figured I would let it marinate for about an hour and then grill it. I know it wouldn't have as much flavor but what could I do. I knew dinner would be late but we could have a little snack until then. Jahno got home and I told him. He was starving and said why don't we just marinate it over night and we can go grab something. I was a little disappointed but it will marinate for the 24 hours and full of flavor, So pork for tomorrow.

I went to the doctor today for the genetic testing which is an ultrasound and blood work. The ultrasound Lady was training another lady who is going to start working at the Pearland office. So I got more time. This baby is...a little stubborn. :-) It was upside down which makes it really hard to get the measurements they needed, it then flipped around but was looking at us so again they couldn't get the measurements, it kept waving and kicking its feet. They started calling the baby Micheal Phelps. Finally they got the measurements they were looking for. She also was measuring the length of the baby and got the right size and due date estimate but then it was getting farther along, once she was up to a week later she stopped measuring because we knew I couldn't be that far. Then I went to get my blood drawn and the lady was on her phone again, she had me what 10 mins last time. After about 5 mins she drew my blood. I have good veins but for some reason she went for my smallest vein, it hurt so bad and I bruised almost instantly. I have my regular appointment on April 23 and then we go for the "Big" ultrasound on May 11th. Here are some of the pictures.

The baby looking right at us and has its arms tucked in.


Waving at us.


And it was doing a summersault and legs were stretched out.

No comments: