Sunday, March 8, 2009

One Night of Queen and the Museum

Saturday morning we went to the Children's Museum with our friends Aimee, Gary and Grant and Beau, Erica and Elijah. The kids seemed to really enjoy and so did the adults. I was feeling pretty claustrophobic so I didn't get too many pictures but here are some of them.

Madeleine loves chairs...especially when they are her size. Oh and she loves books so this little room was perfect for her.



Another chair and this time she was building with blocks.



Gary did a puppet show for Madeleine and Grant. The kids weren't too sure about the puppets.




The kids really seemed to enjoy the ball pit. Grant was very content just holding all the balls. Madeleine wanted to throw them and Elijah was jumping into the pit.



Madeleine loved the water part.



We also had a nice little picnic in the courtyard and then our family had to leave. We took Madeleine to Grandma Kimmie's house and we went home to change. Jahno had to stop by a guys house to get some work done and then we were on our way to the House of Blues. I told him I needed a little snack because I was starving. We planned on going to Katz after the show but I knew I couldn't last that long. Every fast food place downtown was closed so after we walked tons of blocks we went back to the House of Blues Restruant. We ordered a pepperoni pizza and it was great. It was very cheesey and hit the spot. Then we headed to the 3rd floor for the shoe. We saw a lot of interesting people going in and we thought it was very humorous that they patted Jahno down and they wanded me. The show started and I was amazed. The lead singer was very flamboyent, energetic and entertaining!!! The started of with skin tight white pants with sparkley stripes down the sides, a wife beater and a jacket with buckles all the way down. After one song he lost the jacket, after 2 songs he lost the wife beater and then we started to worry. Jahno was very amazed at how tight the guys butt was. I on the other hand thought the drummer was hot! Anyways. They played most of the popular Queen songs and different people would sing their favorite song, that was until they started playing Bohemian Rhapsody. The whole place went crazy, there was not one person in the whole place who wasn't singing, jumping and dancing!!! It was awesome!!! Second place was Fat Bottem Girls which was great also. The guitar player was amazing also. This was by far the best concert/show I have ever been to and if I ever hear of them coming back I will be there again!!!

No comments: