Monday, March 30, 2009

Monday Dinner Attempt

Tonight I decided to cook Thai Shrimp and noodles for dinner tonight. The cookbook said 10 mins Prep time and 20 mins cook time. It took me well over an hours and I was getting frusterated. The 10 mins prep doesn't include shredding the carrots or mincing the garlic or cooking the shrimp. Oh and it is a good thing I know how to cook shrimp because they didn't tell you how to cook them. And I couldn't find either of my peelers so I had to shred the carrots with a regular knife. Now I know what a convenience charge is for and almost think sometime it might be worth it. Very tricky and sneaky and not cool. So I finally got everything together and had a little more time before Jahno got home so I decided to make a Carrot Cake. Jahno got home and while the cake was cooking we had dinner. I have never had Thai food so didn't really know what to expect. Well, I hated it! I left some shrimp out of the dish so I ate those but Jahno said it was great, he loved the carrots and snow peas which he usually didn't. Maddie even ate some of it. Jahno is taking it for lunch tomorrow. So Day one of real cooking took longer than expected but was a big success!!! I am going to go ice the cake and we will have dessert for the rest of the week. I will keep you posted on the first week of real cooking!

Here are the left overs...it looks pretty!

3 comments:

Courtney Jo said...

Congrats on day one!

You are going to have to send me some of you recipes!

It always takes longer than it is supposed to. The first time I made dinner for my parents I was like twelve and decided on the quick shrimp (20 minutes total). Well 3 and a half hours later I was in tears! At lease the family enjoyed it! :)

Aimee Scogin said...

Looks yummy, Mel. "30 Minute Meals" always take me 45 minutes. Just the name of the game, I suppose.

Kimmie said...

I agree - it looks yummy! Dad would love it too!