Monday, July 27, 2009

Trip to Austin

Jahno had to go back to Austin to fix some issue. He wanted us to go with him so I hesitantly agreed. We got everything packed and headed out. We had to stop by Jahno's work on the way out so we hit Boston Market. I of course ate tons!!! And Maddie enjoyed it to. Maddie did not want to take a nap so the drive and once there was miserable. I was thinking it was a mistake for me and Maddie to go. We also had Marie Calendar for dinner which was amazing!!! Friday we got up and went downstairs for breakfast and it started off as a good day. Jahno went to work and I found a Chuck E. Cheese for Maddie to play. I got quite a few tokens but Maddie was more interested in putting the tokens in the machines than playing the games. So we played the game where you push a button and get tickets. She rode the bike that goes up in the air but didn't want to ride the cars once they started moving...not sure about that one. She was able to get a football and a bracelet with the tickets. We then went to Baskin Robins because she had a gift cert. from her birthday. And then we went to Big Lots, I needed to get her some soap and needed to waste some time. We finished and it was finally time to check into the other hotel. She played and played in our room with only one fit in which she hit her head on the box springs. We went to grab dinner and pick up Daddy (hopefully). Maddie fell asleep so I drove around and just parked. I grabbed fast food for Jahno and headed back to the hotel. Again Austin's roads are ridiculous and ended up going the wrong way, I finally got to the hotel sat down and Jahno called for me to come get him....Grrr! Jahno's old college roommate called and asked us to go to dinner. We had real Chinese food which was great and then went for ice cream...Funny story. There was a little courtyard where we were eating our ice cream and there was a couple paying on the little grass patch making out. All of a sudden the sprinklers came on, LOL, the girl jumps up and runs and the guy just lays there for a second (right on top of one for the sprayers) I was cracking up...that's what they get! Anyways. So Friday was so much better! Saturday we got up and had breakfast with Jahno's college roommate and headed back home. I wasn't able to take too many pictures but here some.

Maddie and Jahno at Boston Market

Maddie did not want to get back in her seat, she even tried to buckle up in the other seat.

Maddie drinking out of her Chuck E. Cheese cup.

Maddie was sitting in the drawer drinking her drink and reading her book (I wasn't quick enough)

Maddie loved Frito Pie, she had it head to toe.

No comments: