Saturday, July 11, 2009

Busy Saturday...

We got up and planned for a busy day...did more than we planned and yet still didn't get the original list done. Jahno wanted to go to the gym which I was sorta dragging my feet but I said ok as long as we could get everything done. We never made it to the gym. We pulled the queen bed downstairs and loaded it up in Jahno truck. We went to Kimmie's and Grand Dad's and traded them the queen bed for a full bed. Maddie's crib is a 4 in 1 and the big girl bed is a full. We had lunch with my parents and headed home. Maddie fell asleep in the car so that put getting stuff done in her room on hold. While she was sleeping we moved the futon out of our room and back into the office/guest room (I know, I know we just moved it out), then we moved the dresser to where the futon was, then we moved the chair we originally bought for Gianna's room into our room where the dresser was and then Jahno dragged the new chair upstairs into Gianna's room. We put together that chair and I am a little disappointed because it was suppose to be white and it is almost a khaki color and it feels hard and tilted, but it rocks and that is all that matters. I told Jahno he had to break it in so it would be comfy by the time Gianna gets here. Then Gianna was letting me know I needed to rest, so I laid down and Jahno put the gate up at the top of the stairs. About the time he finished Maddie woke up so he brought her downstairs and we had dinner. When we finished we headed upstairs to tape Maddie's room and paint it. I got ready to start taping and Engineer Jahno took over. He got out the tape measure and marked everything and cut the tape with the perfect angle and I was about to kill him! It took him about 2 hours to get the one wall taped! During this process he told me his Martha Stewart side had appeared. So much for getting everything finished before Maddie went to bed. So he finally got to a point where I could start painting. Side note...kinda...Maddie is quick! She wanted to help with everything, when Daddy set the pencil down she grabbed it and started writing on the wall...luckily in the "pink" area because it did not erase and then when I started painting she grabbed the other paint brush from the changing table and dipped it in the paint before I could say anything. I called her name in a panic and scared her so we had to stop and comfort her and explain she wasn't in trouble. We finally got the first coat up around 9:30 which is well past Maddie's bed time. I am hoping it will only take one coat but we will find out tomorrow. Did not get Maddie's Big Girl Bed set up so that will be tomorrow also. Jahno still did not get the trampoline taken down or the swing set set up...hopefully tomorrow. Here are a few pictures from today.

Engineer Jahno taping Maddie's room.

Almost finished taping (they look uneven but the tape measure doesn't lie)

Maddie waiting for her Big Girl Room

Finishing the first coat

No comments: