Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Keeping up with Madeleine

We have had to start watching what we say around Madeleine because she is a little sponge and a record player. There are some things that she comes up with on her own which just makes us laugh also, like the I just need to cry. So here are a few.
Last week after about the 3rd day of Madeleine waking up way too early, I asked her why she woke up so early and she started into this whole story, I couldn't understand most of it! Then a dog barked outside and she said, "The dog woke me up!" I said, "Oh that loud dog woke you up?" She said yes. Now every time I go in her room to get her she tells me, "The dog woke me up!" (We don't hear the dog that often)
I have pretty much everything set for Gianna's arrival. I brought down the swing the other day and Maddie is pretty interested in it. She swings it gently most of the time and tells me that it is Gianna's swing. We recently told Maddie that Gianna was going to come out soon and kinda went into details. She knows she is in my tummy but we wanted to make sure she knew she had to come out! Well, now she tells us Gianna needs to come out soon, or Mommy is going to the the hospital for Gianna. Yesterday she was pushing the swing and turned to me and said, "I NEED to see Gianna!" (Awwwww!)
We had to go to Kimmie's work to get the Blood Pressure Cuff. I am having extreme swelling and numbness in my hands and feet so I have to watch my blood pressure now. We got to Kimmie's work and Madeleine wanted to go upstairs but I explained that Kimmie was coming out. Kimmie came and was leaving and Madeleine did her about to cry face that would break anyone's heart! I told her is was ok and we would see Kimmie either later today or tomorrow. As we were driving away Maddie said, "Apple Juice Slush would make me feel better." LOL! Opps, sometimes when she does that face I ask if something like candy would make her feel better. I know it is a terrible habit but if you saw this face you would want to give her everything also. But we will need to get out of that habit ASAP!
Lastly, not really a story, but Maddie has been so good about being gentle with Gianna's things or leaving them alone all together. Well, the boxes of diapers and wipes has been driving her crazy! She has been climbing on them every chance she gets. I emptied the boxes and before I could get them in the garage she got a hold of them! She puts her toys in it and she climbs in and out of it.

1 comment:

Aimee Scogin said...

Ok, I need some Maddie time! How cute! :)