Friday, August 14, 2009

Dr. Appt and Stuff

Sorta long one....

Wednesday, Jahno asked me to take his truck to get his oil changed. I was not too happy about this because it usually takes a while and Maddie doesn't always like to sit or play quietly in places like that. We got there and the first time ever there was a rude guy there, then they did not have my appointment and it was hot in there. Maddie was whinny so I got out her cards and some candy which calmed her down. It was taking for ever but they finished and pulled out the truck so I thought we were almost finished. I packed up everything and waited and waited....and waited. Maddie wasn't waiting very well, she started throwing a fit! Once everyone was looking at us, I took her outside, finally the guy drives up my truck and honks. (He knew it took too long because they never do that) Well, then I tried to get Maddie in her car seat and she wasn't having it! MASSIVE FIT #2! There are about 10 people behind me trying to get out so I finally get her in kicking and screaming and she continued screaming all the way home! She threw several more fits throughout the day and it wasn't until after dinner that my sweet little girl was back.

Wednesday night when I turned the stove on I noticed a strong gas smell but didn't think too much about it because that burner has always been a little weird. Maddie and I had dinner and cleaned up. Jahno got home around 7:30ish and as soon as he walked in the door said, "What's that smell?" I was a little defensive because he has said that before about my cooking. But he said it smelled like gas. So we go to the kitchen and he does the #1 thing your aren't suppose to do and turns on the burner. Well, we didn't explode! ;-) He pulled out the stove, stuck his head back there and his lungs started burning so he turned off the gas completely. I told him I had a head ache and my nose and throat were burning. We opened up the windows (which was a mistake but didn't know) and I ran to the store. Jahno called the gas company and they told him to get out of the house but we had to be at the house for them to come out. Jada came and got Maddie and the guy got here to check it out. He had a hard time detecting anything because we opened the windows but when to the stove and it was at 3% which is apparently really high. So no wonder we weren't feeling well. He tagged the stove as unusable and checked the rest of our gas outlets. Apparently some valve on the stove has to be replaced. So not to jinx anything but Pretty much everything the builder did or put in this house has been replaced and we have only been here a little over a year! I want to say what else could break but we have "fixed" the AC 4 times which is why I don't want to Jinx it!

Thursday I got up and went and got Maddie for Jada's and met Natalie and her kids (she nanny's for)at Jumpin Jungle. Madeleine LOVES Cathleen! They started playing and I had to head to my doctors appointment. It took a little longer than normal, his nurse was out but they got me to a room pretty fast so it seemed more like he was running late. Anyways First of all, a little embarrassing, I got stuck sitting in the deep and low chairs in the waiting room. When the nurse called me, I couldn't get up. I tried to swing my leg up and nothing...the nurse told me it was okay and just take my time and of course everyone is looking at me! The girl next to me asked if I needed a hand, I smiled kicked my leg again and said no it is okay. I finally got up and walked back. I only gained 3 pounds which is GREAT!!! Everything looks great. Since is was Natural Gas it should not have affected the baby. And I have been having this weird thing where a heavy feeling rolls from my head down my chest and I can't breath, it usually happens when I am laying or sitting down. He had no idea what that was or even what kind of test to order. If anyone knows let me know. He just said to watch it and if I have chest pains or pass out go to the ER. Gianna has been moving a lot more which is a good thing and her heart rate was 150 BPM.
Here are some pictures of Jumpin Jungle

Madeleine and Cathleen

Madeleine and Cathleen playing with the balls

Madeleine, Cathleen and Collin

No comments: