Monday, August 10, 2009

Busy Weekend

Last week Madeleine had decided to get up around 4:00am on Wed, Thurs, and Friday so we were pretty tired and worried about this change. Friday Jahno was having a hard time at work (so he said) so he too a half day. When he got home he told me he wanted to go see GI Joe...so much for him being too tired! I was completely against this because he keeps dragging me to these movies that I have no interest in and usually end up hating. I told him the only way I would go is if I could have Green Sauce from either Gringo's or Casa Ole...he was now hesitant because he is not a fan of Mexican Food. Well, we both got our way. So Maddie visited Papi and Nana and we went to Gringo's and the Movies.
Saturday we got up and headed to Jahno's Family Reunion in Wharton. It was at the American Legion Hall...with AC!!!! There was some really good food and a lot of kids playing. It was nice. Oh, there was a puppy that looked a lot like Tsunami and Maddie wanted sooo bad to play with him. Some of Jahno's immediate family has issues with pets and didn't want Maddie to touch it. Maddie did not understand because all the other kids were playing him. I told her that was Tsunami's Brother and we would play with Tsunami later at Kimmie's...that didn't help. I felt bad and for a split second I wanted to get Maddie a puppy! Then Jahno wanted to see his Family's Land out there. I thought we were just going to drive by, nope we got out and walked the fields, ditches etc. I was wearing flip flops and had stickers and pokies all on my feet and calves. We were finally heading home...I thought. Jahno and his parent's wanted to stop by Whole Foods...Okay buddy, I am really hurting and don't know that I will be able to wonder through this store...but I smiled and said Okay. We managed to get out of there pretty quickly considering how long it usually takes us but I had to get Jahno to push/massage my lower back several times just to get my legs moving. Finally we were heading home. Got home and sat down and was not able to get up the rest of the night, Jahno had to push me upstairs to bed.
Sunday Westside Church of Christ had their 10 year Anniversary Service. Saturday they had a Ice Cream Social and then Sunday they had a guest Speaker, Cecil Hudson, for class and Service. Madeleine got to go to Ms. Ann's class and I know they both loved that! After church there was a luncheon and David Flores did all the meat and it was YUMMY!!! We got to visit with everyone that we haven't seen in a while. Then there was a slide show from the past 10 years which was pretty amusing. And a Singing Group. We came home and Maddie and I took a nap and Jahno had to work. I went to church last night at League City and Maddie stayed home asleep. Jahno was working until 1:30am so I was pretty much up that late also...not like I would have been able to sleep anyways. Maddie slept through the night and until 9:00am. That was the much needed rest we all needed. Here are a few pictures.
Madeleine and PawPaw (Jahno's Grandfather)

Maddie sharing Mini with PawPaw

Jahno took a picture of Jada taking pictures of everyone.

I thought Jahno had taken a lot more pictures but he apparently used the video camera.

No comments: