Friday, August 14, 2009

Awesome Dad Award

Maddie woke up this morning and called for me like normal. When I went in there her eyes were still closed. I rubbed her back and she opened her eyes and asked to get up. I picked her up and put her on her changing table and she just laid there with her eyes closed holding Paisley...this is not normal, she is usually talking my ear off. We went down stairs and got breakfast. As she was eating I took her temp and it was 99.1. Not a biggie we'll just watch it. After breakfast we sat on the couch and cuddled and watched PBS. I was loving the cuddling because last night I was looking at her baby pictures and got pretty emotional. Around 10:00 I noticed she had falling asleep in my arms which is very odd for her. So I took her temp again and it was 101.3. I decided to give her Tylenol. We got ready and went to KFC where we were meeting Kimmie and then I was heading to get my hair cut. After getting my hair cut I found out my Papa was at my parents. I ran home to get stuff for dinner (I still don't have a stove/oven) and Jahno's computer (in case he has to work) and head to my parents. Maddie fell asleep before we even made it out of the neighborhood. We got to my parents and she felt ridiculously hot! She was really groggy, I know she just woke up but she usually is really excited to get to Kimmie's. When we got inside she went to Nat Nat so I could find the thermometer. Grand Dad and Papa walked in and Maddie went to Grand Dad and just laid her head on his shoulder and closed her eyes...not normal. I found a thermometer and her temp was 103.7 and it was still too early to give her anymore meds. We took her upstairs and gave her a bath. We were asking her what hurt and she kept saying her back hurt. We got her out and she just cried! Grand Dad wrapped her up and tried to sooth her and she just kept moaning. I called the doctor and to my surprise they got me in fast and I did not even have to talk to the nurse first. While we waited for her appointment she slept, on the way to the doctor she slept, and she slept in my arms pretty much the whole time we were there. She was burning up while we sat in the waiting room! The nurse called us back, Maddie actually sat on the scale (25lbs 6oz) and we went to the room. Maddie just laid on me, the nurse took Maddie's temp and said, "That can't be right." OH MY GOODNESS! 107.5....she got the ear thermometer and took it. 105.7, Yep, that is high and she felt that hot. I guess I had a panic look because she said, "Well, let me check the other ear just to be sure....Yep, 105.7" She left and Maddie was still pretty much out. The doctor poked her head in and asked if I wanted some Motrin...DUH!!! So she brought it to me and I gave it to Maddie. The doctor checked everything out and Maddie did not fussy and did great. The Doctor left and Maddie looked at me and said, "Sleep." And laid back down and was out. The nurse same in, bagged Maddie to do a urinalysis and took her blood. Maddie was upset now and crying. I tried to comfort her and get her to drink some water...no go on the water but she did calm down. The blood work was great but her blood count was down so they think it is a viral something. Did not get her to go potty but wasn't an issue because most uti's are bacterial and Maddie tells us when she goes to the bathroom so she would tell us if it hurt or at least show signs. They checked her temp again and it was down to 103.7 in a hour so they let us go. We went back to Kimmie's and she slept on the couch and her fever broke. When she got up Grand Dad and Kimmie gave her 3 popcicles...at least it was fluids, right? We had dinner and then headed home. When we got home Maddie fell asleep in my lap and her fever was starting to go up again. I tried to give her Motrin but she wasn't having it. Jahno was holding her and she was kinda swollowing kinda funny...we got to the kitchen so we could give her the Motrin and she threw up. It was all over Jahno and Maddie and the floor. I grabbed Maddie took her to the bathroom and sat her on the toilet. She was crying now, I striped her and went to get some towels and Jahno was at the sink washing out his clothes. I asked if he was okay...He was fine, not freaking out, not gagging, just cleaning up. Wow what an AWESOME DAD!!! Once we got everything cleaned up we took her upstairs to take another bath. She wasn't wanting to get in so Awesome Dad stood in the bath tub with her. We got her out, took her to her room and she started shivering so Jahno put her diaper on, I lotioned her legs, then Jahno put her pants on and I lotioned her arms and then Jahno put her top on. We got her lotioned and dressed in less than 2 minutes when it usually take about 10. I wrapped her up and rocked her. Jahno went and got her some water and we tried to give her Motrin again...She took it with no problems and drank some water. She asked me to read Naughty Monkeys and then asked me to sing and was out. I checked her temp about 3 hours after she went to bed and it was at 99.9 which is good because it is lower but that is on Motrin. Hopefully this Virus will pass fast and Awesome Dad Award for Jahno!

No comments: