Tuesday, June 30, 2009

She hears me...

Yesterday we had the June Birthday Party for Mom's Club. It was sooo hot but the kids had fun. There was a huge blow up water slide and a little pool. Maddie couldn't climb up the slide but I would put her as high as I could reach and she would slide down and the jump at the bottom. She was able to climb the ladder on their tree house and slide like a big girl! Then we had to go to the Eye Doctor because I have a bacterial infection in both eyes along with some sort of abrasion (he told me but I forgot) due to my contacts. Apparently the reason I have had such a hard time wearing my contacts during this pregnancy is because my body is rejecting the plastic. They see it often in pregnant women. Then home for a nap.

During nap time Madeleine was talking, singing, screaming...just refusing to go to sleep. Well, I heard her counting to 3 and telling her bear, "That's enough! Go to sleep!" Oh, so she does hear me she just ignores me. Then this morning Madeleine had Paisley (her stuffed dog) and sat her on the dishwasher. I told her she was too big to sit on the door but Paisley could as long as she didn't get wet. Madeleine started hanging on the top shelf so I told her to look at my nose so she would listen. She closed her eyes and ignored me. She lost her grip and fell into the island. She started to cry and I told her that is why we have to listen to Mommy. She picked up Paisley and said "Paisley, you have to listen!" I told her Paisley was listening, Maddie wasn't. So once again she hears me, she just chooses not to listen. It is embarrassing though when Maddie says this stuff in public because we talk to her before we get on to her but she just barks the orders. Oh well!

While I was finishing the dishes Maddie came into the living room. When I walked in I see her on the couch, with Paisley beside her, reading to Paisley! So cute!

No comments: