Monday, May 3, 2010

Update and the ARK

I called the doctor this morning because I had not heard anything back. The nurse would not tell me the results which really made me nervous. The doctor finally called me back and told me that the radiologist did not like my CAT scan. One on my lumps is 1.5 (mm, cm, dm...I can't remember) and they want them to be well under that. The needle biopsy came back fine but when she found out that he had just felt around and had me point to them so didn't like that. So since the results were inconsistent/inconclusive she wants to operate. I am going to have them removed this Friday and then we should know for sure.

The past weekend I went to Port Aransas with the Animal Husbandry Association. We stayed at Mustang Island State Park which is right on the beach. My phone was lost or stolen pretty much as soon as we got there so that was not so much fun but the rest of the weekend was amazing! Friday we went to the beach, played in the water and then made hot dogs and smores right on the beach. Saturday we got up and headed to the ARK for a tour and to volunteer. After the tour we split up in 3 groups. Some went to clean and feed the birds...not me because I HATE birds! Then some cleaned off the stuff that was collected for auction and then the rest of us cleaned the water filtration system. This consisted on removing the Bioballs, draining the water/algae/turtle poop, scrubing the tubs, washing the Bioballs and putting them back in. It was gross but we got right in there and had fun doing it! After that we had a lunch break and then some of us clean the turtle hospital floor and the rest of us when and cleaned 3 of the outside turtle pools. Again we drained the water and scrubbed the algae and turtle poop and even got to scrub one of the turtles, Barbie who had algae growing on her. After the ARK we went back to the beach and later went around town. We had a blast and hope to go back next semester!
















No comments: