Saturday, February 20, 2010

Great Saturday!

This morning I got up and went to the Texas Marine Mammal Stranding Network Training. It was great! We learned what to do to help rescue live animals and what to do with none living. We also had hands on training on how to move an animal and how to capture a dolphin in the water and then we had to carry 50lbs 50 ft. It was soooo cold but it was good. I have my first shift Monday morning after I drop the girls off and before classes. We currently have a baby dolphin who will be going to Sea World San Antonio once he is able. Since he is not going back into the wild we will get to get into the water with him soon than most new volunteers usually get to get into the water. I am so excited about everything.

Once I finished I came and got the family and we went to look at puppy/dogs. Our first stop Jahno found one he really liked, they aren't sure of his breed so they are calling him a black mouth cur mix. He was pretty big but so sweet, he loved Gianna and Maddie was bouncing around but he didn't get anxious or jumpy or hyper or anything. He also thought he was a lap dog. He did not bark when every other dog, literally, was barking. The biggest problem was his tail was lethal and right at Maddie's face. The lady joked at they would cut his tail off for us because he was such a great dog. We went to several other places but didn't seem to find anything. The very last place we went there was the cutest little black dog but he was brought in today as a stray so he isn't up for adoption until Thursday. I have been looking online tonight because a lot of the adoption places cost as much as getting puppy. And at least with a puppy we are getting exactly what we want and not just settling. Anyways so the dog thing is still an on going process.

Finally, Madeleine has been extremely attached to me lately. Tonight when I was putting her to bed, we read in her bed, we usually read in the chair and then I tuck her in. So we were covered up, cuddling and I began reading. She told me we had to whisper so we did not wake up Gianna. She I whispered with rest of the story. Then as I finished she said, "Mommy, I have a secret." I asked her what her secret was. She said, "I miss the Christmas Tree!" I love the fact that she is getting so big and starting to tell me secrets. I hope it stays this way and she does want to tell me her secrets, I know there is a good chance she will hate me from 11 to 18 but one can hope right. :-)

No comments: